Friday, September 9, 2011

Starting a business

One of my goals is to start my own business one day. What’s delaying me is that I still haven’t found that GREAT and INNOVATIVE idea; the one that I’d be passionate about and that will be unique & competitive. Ideas pop up in my head every now and then, but still.. None of which is THE ONE.

I’m trying to organize my thoughts to think clearly. In doing so, I made a couple of points to organize my chain of thought and to better explore my options:

I have 2 product options:
    1) Tangible product and 2) Service product
I have 2 approaches for the product:
    1) Franchise and 2) Original concept
If I go with the ‘Tangible product’ + ‘Original concept’ combo, then I have 2 strategy options:
    1) Local supplier and 2) International supplier
I also have 3 business life-span options:
    1) One-time thing, 2) Occasional thing, and 3) Long-term thing
Moreover, I have 3 selling-point options:
    1) Physical store, 2) Online store, and 3) Phone-call & delivery

With these points in mind, I’ll keep hunting for the opportunity that I’ve been waiting for. Fingers crossed I’ll come up with something GREAT soon!

No comments: