Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Smoke Fest

There are 2 girls at my department who smoke so they go to the smoking floor a lot during the day for a smoking-chit-chat break. I hate that place. Every time I go in there, even if it was for as little as 2 mins, I leave smelling like a walking cigarette. The smoke sticks to my hair n clothes. It's horrible.
.
One of them came to me today saying: We’re going for a cigarette break, wana join us? I said no thanks. Later in the day, the other girl invited me to join them. Again, I said no thanks. I'm not going back there. Especially not after yesterday’s experience when I told myself to just give it another shot, maybe it’s not that bad. But it was bad. I regretted it afterwards. Not worth it at all. The place is a smoke fest and the after-smell that soaked into me made me feel nauseous.
.
This incident reminds me of that episode in FRIENDS where Rachel was put in a similar situation while working with her 2 smoking colleagues at Ralph Lauren (her boss and colleague). She felt left out cuz during their smoking break, they’d chit-chat and bond and make work-related decisions while she was a non-smoker, hence couldn’t join them. The difference between me n her is that she wanted to be there and took great lengths to do so since it was her boss and it was a great opportunity work-wise. Lucky for me, my 2 colleagues aren’t my managers so I don’t care. No need to put myself at risk of second-hand smoking.
.

Here's the episode am referring to. ;)

No comments: