Tuesday, October 5, 2010

When I grow up, I wanna be a..

From what I recall, it started out as me wanting to be a nursery teacher cuz I remember that I loved kids. Then I wanted to be a lawyer. Then a geneticist. Architect. Interior designer. Nutritionist. Then in 12th grade I was in the "I don't know what I want to do" phase and then BAM! Business popped up, mainly cuz it is a flexible field with various opportunities. So business it was, despite my best friend trying to convince me to join her in medicine which was out of the question.

Now, 8 years later, I ask myself: Have I made the right choice? Yup. It was the right one indeed. But am still kinda lost as to what I wanna be exactly. Business is a big umbrella. I guess I just haven't found my calling yet. But I have a feeling it will come.. one day.. hopefully soon. Inshala!

2 comments:

No3iK said...

oh i forgot to say this before!
im in love with ur template ..
soooo fresh and fits ur personality in a nice way!

i love this post .. coz we all can relate to it .. the thing is i ended up becoming what i never imagined me wanting to be "a stay at home mother" i quit my dream job.. came to live here.. and just take care of my family and im loving it al7imdellah .. i do miss working from time to time .. but i feel fortunate i had the choice in the first place.. im happy with my decision no regrets!

when u get to a point where u have to make a big choice, one that is gonna determine who u become.. make sure u follow what ur passionate about.. do not do what everyone would do just because it makes more sense.. follow ur gut feeling make sure you will be satisfying your soul not just the people u know.

best of luck 7beeebty! ;*

a la Mocha said...

Thaaanks! :D I luv the freshness too!

Wow mashala, it takes a lot of guts to make such a leap of faith as u did. Am glad it worked out for u. :) I guess sometimes we can surprise ourselves. We think we can't live without something (the dream job in ur case), but letting go of it for something we feel is greater can prove to be for our best interest sb7an Allah.

Thanks 4 the gr8 advice! :* I totally agree. Will keep it in mind inshala. :)